10 Quick Tips To Make Your Home Feng Shui Friendly & Earn You Up To A 15% Premium!
Feng shui is an age-old Chinese philosophical belief still practiced by many today. The word feng shui translates to “wind-water” (in English) and allows for the harmonizing of people with the surrounding environment.
It is believed that if the correct balance of feminine (Yin) and masculine (Yang) energy is established, there will be a good flow of Chi (Universal energy), which will help with maintaining good relationships and living a happy, healthy and successful life.
There are many different schools of feng shui, so there are no universal rules; however, by considering how rooms are arranged and decorated, you can allow your home to mirror who you are and where you want to go in life.
Real-estate agents in Australia are even preparing feng shui ‘certificates’ that highlight all the positive feng shui features in the house for prospective buyers.
Here are some tips that will make your home more feng shui friendly:
1. If you have a view, your house should be oriented so the water is at the front and the mountains are at the back
2. Avoid having stairs near or facing the front door
3. The front & back door should not be aligned
4. In the bedroom, bed heads should be placed against a solid wall
5. The colours red, pink and purple should be avoided when painting and furnishing bedrooms
6. Offices should be set out so where you sit at your desk, faces the door.
7. Number 4 should be avoided as it is associated with death
8. Currently, number 8 is lucky and will be until 2424 when the new cycle begins & the new lucky number will be 9
9. Houses at the end of a T-intersection should look to install a garden bed at the front or a round driveway.